CALL for Innovation
S1E4 - how legal domain is fundamental to advancement of AI - and how librarians are fundamental to that effort
Jul 08, 2019
Dr. Randy Goebel
Randy Goebel, PhD - Fellow with the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute and Professor of Computer Science with the University of Alberta.
- why law? How is AI applied to law and what can AI scientists learn from law
- Using AI to "pass" the Japanese Bar exam and the annual Competition on Legal Information Extraction and Entailment (COLIEE)
- cross-disciplinary studies, working with industry
- Machine Learning - a necessary but insufficient means of tackling complex problems in law
- Importance of domain expertise and the essential role of the librarian as metadata expert and curator
Video of this interview is available on YouTube.